Sunday, August 3, 2008

The beauty of living like a gypsy

I went house hunting in Clovis last week and believe I have found our home. There are some improvements to be made but this house is move in ready and I'M READY...sorta. When I look at my calendar the months are just flying by. I still need to make arrangements to go see the in laws in Houston and let us not forget our pooch...Ginger. She is living the life with them, pool side, I'm sure. And I want to go see my best friend who moved to Connecticut. So I have to get those two trips in, along with going to Vegas for our anniversary, two weddings, Travis' birthday and he wants us there for Isaiah's first Halloween. Geez, that's a lot of traveling but its all part of the beauty of being a gypsy.

Isaiah has become a rollie pollie this week. Its so fun to watch. I also love listening to my dad "say MAMA....say DADA....say MAMA" . Isaiah just laughs at grandpa. Isaiah will be five months this week, my dad will be 76 on Sunday, CRAZY!!! Isaiah has been hanging out with my mom too. She is teaching him the fine art of hanging out in the recliner to watch the Game Show Network or Telemundo. I prefer Telemundo, not so keen on GSN, at least he's learning spanish watching telemundo, right? No worries, his TV exposure is limited. But its funny to see Isaiah rocking in the rocking chair with my mom, and my dad in the other chair, and all three are asleep. I'm working on getting that picture.

This week we'll be a traveling week for us. We are going to Clovis Tuesday, spending the night. Returning to Albuquerque on Wednesday and then off to Arizona on Thursday. We will be in Las Vegas on Monday. We cannot wait to see Travis. It still amazes me that we lived apart for a year because its been just two weeks and I'm going crazy without him. Thankfully spending time with family has made the time fly.

The hibiscus pictured is from my sister in law, Cindy, her plant in their backyard. Made me feel as if I just might be in Hawaii.

No comments: