Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What happens in Vegas...


If you would have said 8 years ago that I would be married a second time, have a child, and would be moving from New Mexico to North Dakota and back to New Mexico, I would have certainly said, "are you crazy?"...Well, its funny how life has a way of working out. Then in 2002, after singing Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" after every Thursday night sand volleyball game at the sports plex in Albuquerque, I thought, I would NEVER get married again, let alone have a child. Then in 2005, friday the 13th, I saw the boy in the white shirt. Well, here we are celebrating our two year wedding anniversary along with our 5 month old son. I will always believe that "everything happens for a reason", whoever came up with that phrase was a genius. I now believe that everything we go through in life, every person that is put in our path along the way, is there for a reason. Travis, in the three years we have been together, married two, he has taught me that no matter what you set your mind to do, you truly can do it. I thought he was crazy when he said, "I want to do an Ironman", well, last September he did it. More importantly, when we had talked about getting married after only dating two months, I thought he was was crazy. Yes, there are many times since then that I have thought Travis is crazy, but that is one of many things that I love about him. If I tell him I want to do something, i.e. run a marathon, he will see to it that it is accomplished, and sure enough, I ran a marathon. I have since learned that there is nothing I cannot do without him by my side. Our son, Isaiah, the other love of my life, without Travis, he would not be here. It is a wonderful sight to see him grow and learn. I especially love watching he and Travis interact. Travis is such a proud pappa and I am very proud wife and mom. My path of life has certainly been through some bumpy times but looking back, I would not ever change a single bump. Everything does happen for a reason. It does not seem like it has been two years, I can remember our wedding day like it was yesterday and I know 50 years from now, when I'm 83 (whoa), I'll be saying the same thing. Guess in our case, what happens in Vegas doesn't necessarily have to stay in Vegas.

No comments: