Monday, August 18, 2008

Two cities, two weddings, one weekend





What a weekend!!! We departed Las Vegas Friday early morning to San Diego. It was a light load so we had the whole row of seats to ourselves. Isaiah fell right to sleep for the very short flight. We arrive in San Diego, get the rental car, and head to Chateau de Emerich...that's Erin & Ian's house. I impress myself by getting there and only having to call Erin once because her place was not visible from the street. Isaiah and I were off to explore the area where we found an awesome place for lunch and with the weather as perfect as it was we ate outside. We return to Erin's and hang out till its time to head to the wedding. Well, its California and I had to get there via a freeway, so the wedding is at 5:30, we left Erin's at 3. I'm sure its not unheard of to be stuck on the freeway for hours. Well, it took us 20 minutes. So we again, went exploring. Isaiah was able to see the bride before the wedding and meet Miss Kristen as well. I've known both since the day Maloney's opened its doors in Albuquerque, Erin a bit longer but we all had a great time at ol' Maloney's. Erin and Ian meet while working at Maloney's in San Diego, so technically if it weren't for me begging Erin to apply with me at Maloneys in Albuquerque, they would have never met. hahahahaha. I just wanted to take credit for helping two soulmates find eachother but really, i had nothing to do with it. So, back to the wedding. Everything was PERFECT!! The dress, the flip-flops, the hair, the weather, the ceremony, the reception. All beautiful!!

So we wake up early, AGAIN. Thinking, well, its California freeway back to the airport, MUST LEAVE EARLY!! Again, getting there in 20 minutes, apparently, freeway traffic fears me because nobody was on the road. We boarded our flight to Seattle, stopping to change plans in Sacramento, then off to Seattle.

We are greeted by GramDee and Grandpa Dan when we arrive in Seattle. The weather was actually quite warmer than expected but still beautiful. We had a driver that was Ukrainian so he didn't speak much English and it was entertaining to say the least to watch GramDee try to communicate with him. But I now know that I'm getting them both Rosetta Stone for Christmas to learn a new language if they are ever in Seattle again.

This wedding was Travis' cousin Matt. He and Elaine met via Match.com or one of those online dating sites. I will now encouage anyone who fears trying it and use them as an example. This was another wedding that was beautiful, despite the 5 minute rain during the ceremony, and who could forget the boat that passed by that honked its horn, during the ceremony. But I believe it would not be a proper Hinkle wedding without some sort of entertaining story to go along with it. To me, everything was perfect.

We were able to stay Saturday to Monday and we boarded our plane back to Las Vegas. Have I mentioned it's HOT in Las Vegas. Oh geez....IT'S HOT!! Isaiah travels very well and I have to laugh at those who board the plane and look as us like "ugh, a baby on board, great" and then when he sleeps the whole way, we get compliments "wow, your baby did great on the flight" I just want to tell them, YEA, HE'S MY BABY!!! DUH!!!
He did do very well for going to two cities, and two weddings, in one weekend.

No comments: