Monday, December 8, 2008

The mind can play tricks...

One thing I truly hate about Travis being in Las Vegas...is that Travis is in Las Vegas. Does your mind ever play tricks on you when you sleep by yourself? Do you hear noises that you haven't heard before? What was that? OMG, someone is coming into the house...no, no they are not, your mind is playing evil tricks and it's not nice.

I am recently having issues sleeping. I never had issues before but when we moved into this house, a new house, new noises, new neighborhood, new town, etc...When the heater kicks on there are strange sounds that I hear. I should be used to it, but I'm not. Yes, everything is locked up but having been a Probation-Parole Officer in my previous life ;O) I always tend to think the worst of people. And of course this is also the girl that when she was little a tree branch used to rub against my wall at home and I was convinced someone was trying to get in my window. After many nights sleeping in my parents room, my dad cut the branch and the noise disappeared.

I live in a small town, no one is going to bother us? Yea and i'm sure no one thought 6 inmates would escape from the jail in this small town, but they did, of course they were caught, at least I believe 5 were caught possibly 4, but even though its a small town, bad things can happen. So whats the cure?

How do I just go to bed? How can I quit thinking that in the middle of the night what if someone gets in and tries to hurt Isaiah, or take him? My mind is racing and I want it to stop. I want to get a good nights sleep. Yes, I know I have a 9 month old and thats not always possible, but for us it kind of is. He sleeps pretty good and I am missing sleep.

I know I should be tough and I should be use to this by now, but I'm not and I have to admit, I hate it!

No comments: