Sunday, August 8, 2010

"I make eggs momma"

One thing is certain, I live by the rule that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I love breakfast. Could be waffles, pancakes, bacon and eggs, oatmeal, toast with jam, breakfast is AWESOME!! There are some mornings IX wants scrambled eggs, so I have showed him how to mix the egg, and he has to be the one to pour them in the pan and we scramble them up. There are also some mornings that he is "pretending" to make us coffee, he takes a measuring cup and spoon, stirs the spoon in the cup and hands it to me saying "I make coffee fer ju momma". And I pretend to drink it and of course it's the best coffee on the planet.

Well, THIS morning, after he had eaten his waffle, we got started on II's room. IX was running around and I was getting everything organized. He came running in and said, "I make eggs momma"...so as before I played along and asked them how they were and he said good...etc. But then I walked into the kitchen...to find this
and then I found this....
"IX, where is the egg shell"...response "in da trash momma"

low and behold...there it is...in the trash
WOW...really? Did my two and half year old, crack an egg, put it in a bowl, scramble it, and pour it in the pan with minimal mess AND no shell in the pan? REALLY?
So then I asked him if he wanted ME to cook them, and he came running over...NOOOOOOO I DO IT I DO IT!!! Okay, okay...good thing he cannot turn the burner on, I at least get to do that.

No comments: