Thursday, October 2, 2008

I heart NYC




While in Connecticut we ventured into THE city...http://www.newyorkcitywaterfalls.com/ , we took an hour boat tour to view the art installation of the waterfalls. A beautiful site. We also paid a visit to the Trade Center site and temporary memorial they have set up. It has been 10 years since I was in New York City, at which time the towers still stood. On that day, 10 years ago, we never did go up to the top of the towers but we stood at the bottom admiring their enormity. The memorial they have set up is only temporary until they can build on top of the site. I cannot find the words to express my feelings of seeing what is no longer there. After paying tribute, we ventured to Battery Park and then on to the boat tour. Being that Manhattan is a fairly large city, you wouldn't think I would know anyone on a boat tour right? Well, I get on the boat and notice a girl that looks familiar, but I'm in Manhattan, on a boat tour, certainly I couldn't know anyone....I do...Maggie, a girl I worked with at Maloney's in Albuquerque, go figure?

We had a fabulous day in THE city.

No comments: