Thursday, June 26, 2008

We are gypies





Our belongings are somewhere between here and there. They will be stored until we get settled in Clovis. The packers started on Monday, they finished up on Tuesday and loaded the trucks. They were smaller trucks and it took two of them. I did take pictures but because I'm at the library I cannot upload pictures here. Its okay, once I can I will post them. We moved into the temporary lodging facility but we will only stay until tomorrow. We will then be staying at our friends house until we drive out of here on the 2nd. In the mean time, I have been CLEANING our house. Why all caps to emphasize the word CLEAN. Well if anyone has ever lived in military housing, when you move out you have an inspection. I have to clean the fridge, including inside the rubber seal. Don't forget the bathrooms, and as we were told, the inspector will run her hands all along the toilet. So in other words, IT BETTER BE CLEAN!! So I got to cleaning once the movers took everything out and I've been cleaning since. UGH!!! Did i mention the blinds, there cannot be any grit and/or grime on them. But those are already done. Travis wanted to pay someone to do it and I said no way, I CAN DO IT. Uh, yea, I should have just paid someone but I think I have managed to convince Travis to give me the money he would have used to pay someone, hmm, tricky, hahaha. So life as we know it is now living out of the suitcases, eating out (which I'm already tired of) and watching Isaiah adapt to the changes. He has been a trooper. We cannot wait to to meet everyone and we are looking forward to our travels.

1 comment:

prudence brady said...

well atleast now it won't cost the same as flying to Europe to see you!! yeaay. Be safe on your travels :)