Friday, June 20, 2008

The last flight in the huey








So Wednesday was Travis' last flight in the Huey. He'll be training for a new aircraft in August. We watched Transformers the other day and realized that his new aircraft is in the movie. AWESOME!! Its called the Predator, its in the beginning part of the movie. So if you get a chance check it out. Not sure what exactly I can say about it but you can see it in the movie.




As for the Huey, I remember when I was little and my dad would go away for his guard weekends. We'd see a helicopter in the air and my mom would tell me that was my dad. He wasn't a pilot, he was just along for the ride. So when Travis told me he was flying one in Minot North Dakota, I knew he had to be somewhat cool, hahahaha. But seriously, as old as it is, its a great helicopter. I love the sound and can usually hear it from miles away. Strange I know but I have amazing hearing, unlike Travis. Last year I was able to partake in the annual spouse flight. That was an amazing experience, but this year, I think its a conspiracy that they have not had one YET! I'm sure they will once we leave. But at least I was able to go up once.




So back to his fini flight, as they call it. He took off and went to Fargo. They had lunch at Hooters of all places and they did some training as well, on the way to and from Fargo. Once he landed he was chased down and sprayed down with water as well as very cheap champagne. That was my job and it was fun. We have it all on video but wasn't sure about posting it but we of course have pictures!!




His days of flying a Huey, for now, are over. Who knows what could happen after the Predator, so i won't say he is done forever. We have to finish up some things and we'll be out of Minot July 2. Minot has been good to us our first two years of marriage. We have meet some wonderful people that I know we'll be friends with for life. We will miss them as we move on but we know where to find them so they will not be forgotten.

No comments: