Saturday, January 2, 2010

What's in store for 2010


WOW, it's 2010! I can hardly believe it. I remember when I was little, thinking, 2010 was FOREVER away and now here it is. So what does 2010 have in store for The Hinkle Family. Well, to begin, I will start training for a marathon and a few triathlons. If it weren't for the encouragement from Travis, I do no know if I would be doing any of it. I love to swim, I like to bike but as for the run, well, it's okay. Combine all of those together and viola, I'm doing tri's...really? me? I'm impressed, hahaha. By no means am I fast, or will ever win a race, it's more important for me that i'm doing it and having fun.

For Christmas I received a fabulous gift, an indoor bike trainer. While the kids nap, I jump on my bike and ride. I'm up to 1/2 an hour. My friend Matt was right, I do have to admit, running sucks, especially when you have an indoor bike trainer! But I will still have to run. The indoor bike trainer is like having my very own spin class in our sun room. It's awesome!

I'm also looking forward to watching Iris and Isaiah grow and meet their milestones. It's been fun to watch and listen to Isaiah, I still cannot believe that in a year Iris will be doing the same things. She is just so small right now and I remember thinking the same thing about Isaiah and then poof, it happened.

I'm also hoping to blog a bit more only to keep myself on track with my goals. If I put it out there that I am training for stuff then I will feel that everyone is keeping me accountable and I won't be a slacker. I need to stay motivated!

Whatever goals you have and you need me to help you meet them, I would be happy to but not annoyingly so, does that make sense? I won't constantly ask, but I will ask. I also know that things don't happen overnight, unless it's your child, and one day an outfit fits, and overnight, it does not. I am very excited about this year, I hope you are too!

No comments: