Tuesday, June 16, 2009

busy busy busy....



WOW...I haven't blogged in so long...so much has happened since I last blogged. The big news being I'M PREGNANT. We find out this friday what's baking in the oven. We are super excited. We did not find out what we were having with our first so we decided we would find out with our second. I just think its crazy that I am going to know whats in the belly. But I will be sure to blog about it and post the ultrasound pictures when I get them.

In other exciting news, Travis has one last trip left to Vegas...WOOHOO!! He'll be home this thursday and he'll stay until June 29 until July 3, so it will be a short trip but oh so sweet. He started the whole process July 7, 2008 so just shy of one year. I am nervous about him being home because now we have to deal with the reality of the situation of a new schedule for the new squadron. If you haven't seen this video on a segment of 60 minutes, check it out...This is what he does. And the Col. in the video sums it up perfectly, when he says..."this is so much more satisfying because, you know, every time you fly, every single day, you're having an impact on the ground," And that is the EXACT reason Travis LOVES his new job...
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/05/08/60minutes/main5001439.shtml

Isaiah is growing big and strong, he LOVES to climb on just about anything and everything he can. Isaiah and I traveled to Houston at the end of May. It was challenging traveling with him due to the fact that both flights were significantly delayed and the added stress was not helping. Also, on our return trip, he was THAT child. Screaming at the back of the plane...so I ask, does it help to stare at the mother that is traveling alone with a screaming child? I had several people turn around and stare at me, so I finally just yelled SORRY!! I don't like this anymore than you do and it doesn't help to stare at me, thats not going to help him stop screaming. They turned around and never looked back. But in the end he fell asleep about a half hour before landing. Needless to say, it may be awhile before I fly alone with him again, have car, we'll drive!

No comments: