Tuesday, July 20, 2010

1:25:46

After months of training the day finally arrived, May 9, 2010. We woke up early and headed to the race. It was T's first time being the sherpa and well, I think I was more nervous about that than the actual race. Not the he cannot take care of the children, it's just, that's my job and now the rolls were reversed. But he did great and even managed to take some pictures.

At the start I met a girl who asked me how old II was. She too had recently had a baby, he was 5 months old. So we joked about how we were doing the tri to lose the baby weight. After we started she was running with me and asked how fast I run. And I had to think, so I told her on a good day 12 minute miles on a slow day 13 but really I had no idea. I've always thought of myself as slow...but today apparently was a good day...I completed my run in 29:56...SA-WEET!!

The bike...oh the bike...I need help with the bike...It wasn't a bad course. One really big kinda dip but I'm just not the greatest on the bike. But I finished.

So, let's swim!! WOOHOO!! There is really no greater feeling when I'm in the pool and I'm able to pass people. And pass people. And pass people, especially dudes...gotta love it.

I may not be fast but I have a blast doing them. What I really love is at the finish having my Ironman husband waiting for me with our beautiful children. I could never do this without his support.

No comments: